Sunday, March 17, 2013

Adi Shankar stotram


Human Being right from the time of birth tries to make sense of the outer world and tries to find the meaning of this very existence that we are today.

In this struggle to understand the inner self and make sense of the outer world, he is fascinated by this very creation.

To understand who we are is ultimate realization and truth.



Here is ultimate true as said in words of Great Guru Adi Shankar in this stotram.

It is difficult to truely comprehend reach this state of realization.

The stotram is truely amazing and beautifully sung. Listening to it will dispel all fear  and create peace in mind.









"Mano Buddhi Ahankara Chitta Ninaham
Na cha Shrotra Jihve Na Cha Ghrana Netre
Na cha Vyoma Bhoomihi Na Tejo Na Vayuhu
Chidananda Rupaha Shivoham Shivoham"

I am not mind, nor intellect, nor ego, nor the reflections of inner self (chitta). I am not the five senses. I am beyond that. I am not the ether, nor the earth, nor the fire, nor the wind (the five elements). I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.


"Na cha Prana Samjno Na Vai Pancha Vayuhu
Na va Saptadhatuhu na va Pancha Koshaha
Na Vak Pani Padau Na Chopastha Payuhu
Chidananda Rupaha Shivoham Shivoham"

Neither can I be termed as energy (prana), nor five types of breath (vayus), nor the seven material essences, nor the five coverings (pancha-kosha). Neither am I the five instruments of elimination, procreation, motion, grasping, or speaking. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.


"Na Me Dwesha Ragau, Na Me Lobha Mohau
Mado Naiva Me Naiva Matsarya Bhavaha
Na Dharmo Na Chartho, Na Kamo Na Mokshaha
Chidananda Rupaha Shivoham Shivoham"

I have no hatred nor dislike, nor affiliation or liking, nor greed, nor delusion, nor pride or haughtiness, nor feelings of envy or jealousy. I have no duty (dharma), nor any money, nor any desire (kama), nor even liberation (moksha). I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.


"Na Punyam Na Paapam, Na Saunkhyam Na Dukkham
Na Mantro Na Teertham, Na Veda Na Yajnyaha
Aham Bhojanam, Naiva Bhojyam Na Bhoktaha
Chidananda Rupaha Shivoham Shivoham"

I have neither merit (virtue), nor demerit (vice). I do not commit sins or good deeds, nor have happiness or sorrow, pain or pleasure. I do not need mantras, holy places, scriptures (Vedas), rituals or sacrifices (yagnas). I am none of the triad of the observer or one who experiences, the process of observing or experiencing, or any object being observed or experienced. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.


"Na me Mrityu Shanka, Na me Jati Bhedaha
Pita Naiva Me Naiva Mata Na Janmaha
Na Bandhur Na Mitram, Gurur Naiva Shishyaha
Chidananda Rupaha, Shivoham Shivoham"

I do not have fear of death, as I do not have death. I have no separation from my true self, no doubt about my existence, nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth. I have no father or mother, nor did I have a birth. I am not the relative, nor the friend, nor the guru, nor the disciple. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.


"Aham Nirvikalpo Nirakara Rupaha
Vibhur Vyapya Sarvatra Sarvendriyanam
Sada Me Samatvam, Na Muktir Na Bandhaha
Chidananda Rupaha Shivoham Shivoham"

I am all pervasive. I am without any attributes, and without any form. I have neither attachment to the world, nor to liberation (mukti). I have no wishes for anything because I am everything, everywhere, every time, always in equilibrium. I am indeed, That eternal knowing and bliss, Shiva, love and pure consciousness.

No comments: